WHY PRACTICE GROUPS?
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is often readily understood, yet can be challenging to put into practice. To help you bring NVC into your daily life Metro Detroit Nonviolent Communication offers Practice Groups.
MDNVC Practice Groups are weekly gatherings where you can develop your skills through the use of practice exercises, role-plays and the sharing of your struggles and successes with others.
- Be more compassionate with ourselves and others by increasing our awareness of our feelings and needs
- Distinguish our actual observations from our story about what happened
- Translate our judgmental thoughts into the underlying feelings and needs
- Listen empathically
- Receive “hard to hear” statements without taking it personally
- Make Requests
- Support our own values while equally honoring the needs of others
- Connect with a sense of aliveness and appreciation
Participants should have some idea of what NVC is. Recommendations include attending an MDNVC Introductory Workshop, reading the beginning of Marshall Rosenberg’s book: Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life and/or completing The Exercise.
FALL 2017 PRACTICE GROUP
With Trainer Katie Testa
October 14 – November 18
10:00am – 12:00pm
Birmingham Unitarian Church
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
What people are saying:
“There hasn’t been a week gone by without me having a significant revelation about my psyche.”
Michael, Practice Group Participant
“The feedback has been terrifically positive Katie! It is amazing to have a class that NO-ONE drops out of during the course of the 6 weeks! I am so happy that we found you. You are amazingly competent, joyous, and skilled at teaching adults. Thank you again!!”
Penny, Practice Group Participant