Online 8-Week Practice Group
CLOSED – FULL CAPACITY
WHY PRACTICE GROUPS?
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is often readily understood, yet can be challenging to put into practice. To help you bring NVC into your daily life Metro Detroit Nonviolent Communication offers Practice Groups.
MDNVC Practice Groups are weekly gatherings where you can develop your skills through the use of practice exercises, role-plays and the sharing of your struggles and successes with others.
- Be more compassionate with ourselves and others by increasing our awareness of our feelings and needs
- Distinguish our actual observations from our story about what happened
- Translate our judgmental thoughts into the underlying feelings and needs
- Listen empathically
- Receive “hard to hear” statements without taking it personally
- Make Requests
- Support our own values while equally honoring the needs of others
- Connect with a sense of aliveness and appreciation
For Beginner Practice Groups, participants should have some idea of what NVC is. Recommendations include attending an MDNVC Introductory Workshop, reading the beginning of Marshall Rosenberg’s book: Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life, and/or completing The Exercise.
To be eligible for Intermediate Practice Groups, participants must have previously completed an MDNVC Beginner Practice Group. If you’re not sure if you qualify, please contact us.
PLEASE NOTE: We ask that all registrants participate in at least 80% of the sessions (i.e. 8 out of 10) to support continuity, learning, participation and progress of the whole group